IF is an interest free loan service for creative professionals. As a creative professional, there are many investments required on the path to a sustainable career in the cultural sector. As funding opportunities are extremely competitive and limited in their scope and flexibility, our interest free loan service is designed to assist creative professionals to build their practice. Creative professionals generally need to work across multiple sectors, have irregular, low-income streams and don’t fit into the conventional mould of a successful loan candidate.
if loan is a commercial interest free loan service for current financial members of Guildhouse (join now). The loan is to support a creative outcome that would not be possible without this loan and is available to practitioners working in any artform and at all career stages.
The loans could be for, but are not limited to:
- Design, Production
- Exhibition Costs
- Equipment or Materials Purchase
- Research and Development
- Professional Development
- Marketing and Promotion Costs
- Grant top-up or gap funding
Loan Amount: $1,000 – $5,000
Interest Rates: Nil
Bank Fees: A one off setup fee, equivalent to 5% of the loan (minimum $50), is included in the repayment schedule
Loan Term: 3 – 12 Months
Flexible repayments will be set up to suit each specific project cash flow and budget of the borrower. Terms will be negotiated with individual applicants. They can nominate how they would like to repay the loan, eg; weekly payments (from their regular job) or larger monthly payments, or in one lump sum, or anything in between.
if the Guildhouse Interest Free Loan Service has delivered seventeen loans valued at over $60,000 in the seventeen months since its launch in August 2015. The creative practitioners currently utilising the if loan include a curator, ceramicist, composer, testile artist, print maker, jeweller, glass artist, illustrator, poet and a shoe maker
To apply you need to:
- Be a current financial member of Guildhouse (Associate, Accredited or Allied Membership)
- Be 18 years or older
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Have an Australian Business Number
To apply you need to:
- Describe your practice
- Outline your experience in your sector
- Provide supporting evidence of your work
- Provide 2 or 3 referees from your sector
- Outline what the loan is for
- Outline how it will benefit your practice
- Outline how it would be repaid
If your application is successful you will need to provide:
- A signed direct debit form for your nominated bank account for repayments
- A certified copy of some form of photographic ID such as driver licence or passport
- Verification of the bank account in your name such as a bank statement
- Extra verification of your address such as a copy of a utility bill
Please read the following documents before beginning the online application process
If you are interested in applying for a Guildhouse Interest Free Loan Service, you need to:
- Download and carefully read the Guildhouse Interest Free Loan Service Outline document. Use this as a guide to create a word document master, to copy and paste your responses into the online application form.
- Provide us with your ABN (Australian Business Number)
- The word count is a guide. You can answer the questions clearly and concisely with less words.
- Telephone 8410 1822 to make an appointment to discuss your application.
We would like to thank the following for their generous contribution towards this program:
Adelaide Moulding and Casting Supplies
Geoff and Sorayya Martin
James & Diana Ramsay Foundation
Kambitsis Group of Companies
Marcia Del Thomas
Loan Application Form