Cindy Durant, Image of the landscape surrounding Durant’s remote studio, Penong, SA, 2019.
What is Folio?
Folio is a curated platform featuring profiles of South Australian artists, craftspeople and designers.
How does Folio work for you?
Having a Folio profile is a fantastic opportunity to share your work online and reach new audiences. Guildhouse actively promotes Folio members and builds exposure for featured practitioners through the facilitation of external projects and commissions.
How do you get a Folio profile?
Current financial members of Guildhouse can apply for a Folio profile at any time. Folio applications can be done online and involve a one-off $100 joining fee and the upload of content for your profile. Guildhouse reviews these applications once a month at our membership deadlines dates.
What content do you need to provide for a Folio profile?
Each profile requires the following:
- A 200-300 word artist biography
- 1 Feature image of your work. This image will appear on your personal profile, on the Folio artist directory and throughout other areas of the Guildhouse website.
- 1 Banner image of your work. This image will appear above your bio on your personal profile.
- 8 gallery images that are indicative of your practice and their accompanying image captions. Please use the following caption format: Artist Name, ‘Title of Work’, year created. Photographer credit
- Images should be sized to 1000 x 650 pixels and no larger than 2MB
- Any social media or website links related to your practice
When will your application be reviewed?
Please be aware that we review applications for Folio Subscriptions once every month.
Our 2020 Deadlines are:
Tuesday 28 January
Monday 24 February
Monday 30 March
Monday 27 April
Monday 25 May
Monday 29 June
Monday 27 July
Monday 31 August
Monday 28 September
Monday 26 October
Monday 30 November
December: There is no application round in December.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or about your application, please contact us.
What happens to your profile once it is set-up?
Once a Folio profile is approved it remains active as long as you maintain your membership with Guildhouse.
You can edit content on your profile at anytime by logging into our website and accessing the Folio section in My Account.
Using targeted Google Adwords campaigns Guildhouse manages the online presence of your profile, ensuring that your practice is easily discovered through search engines such as google.