Engage Our Services
Lex Stobie, Demi Plié Side Table, 2012, American Black Walnut, European Oak & Tasmanian Blackwood. Photograph Jonathan VDK.
Co-designing cultural, commercial and community outcomes.
Guildhouse is the peak industry body for the visual arts sector in South Australia and has contributed to a vibrant artistic community for over 50 years.
Guildhouse is trusted for its in-depth understanding of visual arts practice, sector knowledge, professional networks and its experienced team.
With a directory of more than 800 members from diverse artistic practices, Guildhouse is uniquely qualified to connect South Australian artists, designers and craftspeople with private, public, and commercial opportunities. These include major public art installations, private commissions, exhibitions and international artist-in-resident programs.
Guildhouse Professional Services
Guildhouse Professional Services provides the highest quality specialist services and project management expertise to support sustainable artistic careers, enrich communities, and stimulate economic development.
Guildhouse identifies and initiates opportunities for collaboration between visuals artists and individuals, institutions, businesses and the broader community. We respond to requests for end-to-end art strategy services, from conceptual co-design to implementation and handover.
In all cases, Guildhouse provides best-practice solutions for clients, by offering comprehensive visual art strategy consultation and project management services. This includes clarifying needs and aspirations, budgets and timeframes, project opportunities and constraints, developing and overseeing strategies, and recommending artistic mediums and artists suitable to the project, through to project coordination and liaison between client, artist, suppliers and service providers.
In partnership with its clients, Guildhouse co-designs cultural, commercial and community outcomes to connect South Australian artists with people, places and precincts.
Bohie Palecek, Uber mural commission, 2018. Photograph Elliot Oakes
- Art and cultural institutions and organisations
- Cities, regions and states
- Property developers and urban planners
- Architects, builders, interior designers and place-makerss
- Corporations, commercial and community enterprises
- Art and cultural activation and place-making projects
- Property development, urban renewal, and adaptive reuse of heritage
- Commissioning and acquisition of artworks
- Public art installations
- Cultural tourism program and product development
- Seminars, masterclasses, events
- Visual Merchandising and branding
- Executive / corporate team-building programs
- Bespoke access to artists and practitioners
- Immersive behind the scenes experiences
- Commissions and collection consultation (corporate and private)
- Research and consultancy
- Grant auspicing
- Artist-in-resident programs
- Workshops, seminars, studio sessions
- Identifying / assessing the opportunity
- Undertaking a feasibility study
- Developing the art strategy and schedule of requirements
- Developing the design/artist brief
- Artist and industry referrals
- Curating the program
- Public consultation and community engagement
- Contract development
- Commissioning management
- Providing technical direction
- Overseeing delivery and installation of the artworks, including insurance and freight
- Project and stakeholder management
- Cultural and heritage interpretation
- Cultural planning
- Producing and programming
- Research, critical writing and document development
Image courtesy Kate Larsen. Sat 6 July 2019, 10:30 am - 12:00 pm Pricing: Free entry Location: Minor Works Building, 22 Stamford Court, Adelaide, SA 5000 Presenter: Kate Larsen The internet has given birth to an exciting new world of digital poetry. Putting your poems...
Thursday 6 June 2019, 10 am - 4 pm Pricing: Members: Free Location: ACE Open, Lion Arts Centre, North Terrace & Morphett Street, Adelaide Presenter: Rhonda Vincent, a representative from the Government of South AustraliaJoin Rhonda Vincent the Principal Engagement...
Fruzsi Kenez, live painting at George Street Piazza event by Norwood council, 2018. Photograph Andre CastellucciTime: 3 x 1.5 hour sessionsTue 14, 21 & 28 May 2019, 6:00 - 7:30 pm Pricing: $90.00 (Limited spaces) Location: Minor Works Building, 22 Stamford Court,...