Mon 10 December 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5pm Monday 21 January 2019
Guildhouse is calling for expressions of interest from artists, creative collaborators, makers and writers for ART WORKS – a residency program we are delivering in partnership with the City of Adelaide at the Minor Works Building located just off Stamford Court between Sturt Street and Wright Street. Joint applications are welcome if appropriate.
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE
2 x 4 month residency opportunities are available between February and September 2019 for an artist/team of creative collaborators with a socially-engaged agenda to foreground social issues and collaboration with engaged communities to culminate in (for example) an exhibition, demonstration, performance or event.
Without the freedom that Art Works allowed us, we would not have had the time to enter our production into the variety of opportunities that will now be the foundation of our development.
ART WORKS Artist in Residence: Kaspar Schmidt Mumm and IMMI collaborators.
Watch Kaspar Schmidt Mumm and collaborators IMMI perform in the ART WORKS space.
WRITER IN RESIDENCE
1 x 8 month residency opportunity is available for a writer/collective to work flexibly across the duration of the ART WORKS program. The writer-in-residence will respond to this site of cultural activity and produce responses to each of the artists in residence, including short form suitable for social and digital channels.
This residency encouraged me to vocalize and interact more during the developmental stage of my piece; not normally a process I undertake when writing. I have participated in many enlightening conversations with artists, community members and workshop attendants over the last few months forming new points of perspective and better understanding the depth of my subject.
ART WORKS Writer in Residence, Rayleen Forester.
Read up on our 2018 Writer in Residence, Rayleen Forester.
Each residency includes a stipend of $2,500, with additional benefits listed in the EOI form (see links below under TO APPLY)
NOTE DEADLINE: 5pm Monday 21 January 2019
Please send queries through to the Programs Officer Heidi Kenyon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8410 1822 (working days Monday and Wednesday)
TIP: please note that the online form does not save an application, it is advised to collate all the information (perhaps writing the text in a Word doc rather than directly into the form) before submitting the form.
- Proposals must explore at least one element of the key strategic directions identified in the City of Adelaide’s Strategic Plan:
+ Smart – a connected city
+ Green – a sustainable city
+ Liveable – a welcoming and inclusive city
+ Creative – a dynamic city full of authentic, rich and diverse experiences
- New work will be created
- Activate and engage audiences through collaboration and participation
- Increase the visibility of cultural activity in the City of Adelaide
Applications must include:
- Preferred residency period for Artist in Residence, February – May or June – September. Note: Writer in Residence to work flexibly across the 8-month program.
- Brief description of the proposed project and its connection with the city of Adelaide (100 words)
- Artist or collective biography (max 200 words)
- Description outlining the proposed project, and any associated display/performance/event, context and communities you intend to engage (max 400 words)
- One page CV
- Up to 6 items of relevant visual support material (images) for AIR or up to two items of written support material (1 page excepts of writing) for WIR
- Contact details for two referees
2018 SUCCESSFUL RECIPIENTS