Thu 18 October 2018
The Guildhouse Collections Project 2019 with Flinders University Art Museum (FUAM) is a collaborative project between Guildhouse and the Flinders University Art Museum that provides artists with the opportunity to respond to Flinders University’s extensive collection of art and develop new work for exhibition at their Bedford Park campus.
One of Guildhouse’s key objectives is to promote contemporary visual art, craft and design. The Collections Project provides a unique opportunity for Guildhouse to promote our members to broad, new and diverse audiences.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5PM Monday 10 December 2018
I’ve never felt more nourished, nurtured, supported, encouraged, inspired, educated and just generally helped, in the process of creating a new body of artwork. This is due to the professional, helpful and generous staff at Guildhouse and Flinders University Art Museum and beyond, and advice from Kaurna Warra Pintyanthi. The Collections Project feels like a solid platform from which to leap off, into further research and development of artwork, and new opportunities.
– Fran Callen,The Collections Project, Flinders University Art Museum, 2017
The core aims of the project are to:
- promote public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of visual art, craft and design
- provide economic and artistic opportunities for creative professionals
- offer professional development opportunities for visual art, craft and design practitioners
- develop new and diverse audiences for participants
- DOWNLOAD: The Collections Project Guidelines for full information before starting your application.
- VIEW THE COLLECTION: Attend a a tour of the Flinders University Art Museum collection at Bedford campus during which the scope of the project, including access to the collection and presentation options, will be discussed. Bookings essential, full event details here.
- DISCUSS: Artists are strongly advised to discuss their proposals with Guildhouse staff before making an application. Please ring the office on 8410 1822 or email Artistic Programs Manager Debbie Pryor at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a time.
- APPLY ONLINE
TIP: please note that the online form does not save an application, it is advised to collate all the information (perhaps writing the text in Word rather than directly into the form) before submitting the form
- The Collections Project 2018 is open to artists/artist teams who are Guildhouse Accredited, Allied or Associate Members. For more information on becoming a Guildhouse Accredited or Associate member go to: http://guildhouse.org.au/membership/.
- Artistic Merit;
- Strength of research and project proposal, including your interest in working with FUAM;
- Potential for engaging FUAM students and visitors through visual art, craft and/or design
- Capacity to deliver the project proposal outcomes to a high standard of craftsmanship and in a professional manner.
Short Listing and Final Selection
- Proposals that best meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted by Guildhouse.
- Final selection will be made by a selection committee comprised of representatives of the Flinders University Art Museum and Guildhouse.
- Short listed applicants may also be required to attend a short interview with the selection committee. Times and dates to be advised.
- Successful artists will be notified by mid December 2018
- Selected individual artists or artist teams will be paid a total fee of $4000 (ex. GST).
- $2000 will be paid initially upon signing of contracts.
- A final payment of $2000 will be issued on acceptable completion of the project and submission of an artistic report.
All enquiries regarding The Guildhouse Collections Project application process should be directed to Guildhouse.
Image: Gail Hocking (installation detail), Fragile Echoes, 2018 Photography by Grant Hancock