Wed 06 August 2014 6pm – 7.30pm
Pricing: Members: Free / Guests: $15.00
Location: NEW VENUE: JS1 – 13, Jeffrey Smart Forum, Jeffrey Smart Building, UniSA City West campus, 217-243 Hindley Street, Adelaide
Presenter: Gavin Artz, Mark Ledson, Andrew Dickson
Bookings are no longer available.
The Industry and Innovation Division of the new Department of State Development may not be the first area you think of when looking for support – but perhaps it should be! Gavin Artz will highlight the opportunities and resources are available to help expand your practice and build your business, and Mark Ledson will expand on the Innovation Voucher program which can provide between $10,000 and $20,000 towards research and development services for projects which includes, but is not limited to:
- technical research
- design development
- design validation
- prototype testing
- the development of innovative production processes.
Andrew Dickson will let us know about the Tonsley Development. Tonsley is an exemplary urban renewal project whose main goal is to attract skilled workers to establish highly productive businesses with a greater capacity to innovate and compete in global markets. Tonsley’s economic development objectives are to:
- Contribute to South Australia’s economic growth
- Drive the development of a high-value manufacturing sector
- High skill employment creation in southern Adelaide
- Foster relationships that encourage innovation
- Showcase South Australia’s capabilities.
Creative practitioners have a significant role to play in its development and Andrew will be speaking about current thinking and planning and how you can get involved.
Along with Arts SA and other government departments, DMITRE is now part of the new Department of State Development and this session is the first in a series we are planning to deliver highlighting new opportunities creative practitioners are able to tap into as we embark on creating new pathways to expand opportunities and to help you build a sustainable practice.
- Gavin Artz, Principle Project Officer, Industry and Innovation Division, DSD
- Mark Ledson, Principal Industry Development Officer, Industry and Innovation Division, DSD
- Andrew Dickson, Project Development Officer, Tonsley, Industry and Innovation Division, DSD