Banner image: ART WORKS Artist in Residence Jasmine Dixon. Photograph Sam Roberts.
Be a part of one of Australia’s largest peak body for visual arts, craft and design.
Perfect for artists, craftspeople, designers, curators, arts workers and installers, Guildhouse offers significantly discounted insurance as well as all the benefits of being a Guildhouse Member. Applications are reviewed twice a month and require demonstrable experience in your field by supplying an artist statement, bio, CV and 8 high-quality images of your work. If you are renewing please update your details as required.
*Additional Premiums (see below):
- Kiln use (as an in-person activity) + $84
- Open flame use + $106
Accredited Membership Includes:
Tailor-made Insurance package:
- Public liability – $20,000,000
- Products liability – $20,000,000
- Professional liability – $5,000,000
- Property in physical and legal control – $250,000
- Tenants liability – $10,000,000
- Personal accident – up to $1,000 per week
- Eligible for Guildhouse programs
- One-on-one Advice Bank sessions
- Professional development opportunities
- Free or discounted entry to INFORM and reVision
- Invitations to Guildhouse exhibition openings and VIP events
- eBulletins and eFlyers full of sector news
- Free entry to Carrick Hill
- 10% off purchases with Adelaide Moulding & Candle Supplies (some exclusions apply)
Please be aware that we review applications for Accredited Memberships twice every month.
Our 2023 Membership Deadlines are:
Tuesday 17 & 31 October
Tuesday 14 & 28 November
December: There is no application round in December. Fast Track applications only.
Your application can be Fast Tracked for a $20.00 administrative fee which can be paid online. Call 08 8410 1822 if you have any questions at all.
The following documents are required as part of your application:
- A Professional Artist Statement: You should outline your influences, inspirations, material details and subject matter.(300 words)
- A professional Bio: A summarise your formal qualifications, professional experience and/or significant career highlights. (300 words)
- An Artistic CV / Resume: Please upload a PDF of your CV / Resume pertaining to your practice. For assistance with your CV/Resume we have an Artist Toolkit which you can find here.
- 8 Images of your work: Images should be of a high quality and should illustrate the breadth of your selected practice. Images should only be a maximum 2MB in size.
- Work at Heights between 5-15 metres
We are committed to making it as flexible as possible for you to manage your Guildhouse membership.
Your Accredited membership fee can be paid in instalments through our online portal:
- Option 1: Pay in full
- Option 2: Pay 50% membership fee and then pay monthly
- Option 3: Pay every 3 months
If you use kilns or an open flame in your practice an additional premium must be paid after you have completed your Accredited Membership application.
Due to the nature of insurance coverage, Accredited Membership payments have to be honoured for a full year if an instalment option is selected. Failure to declare the use of kilns or an open flame when used in practice can result in rejected claims and voiding of coverage. Please contact us if you have any questions at email@example.com
Please contact LCIS if you require further clarification on excluded items on 1300 853 800 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a Certificate of Currency please email email@example.com
As of May 2023, there are new premiums for kiln and open flame use in addition to the Guildhouse Accredited Membership. If you use kilns or an open flame an additional premium must be paid after your online Accredited Membership payment by clicking the button below.
If you undertake both premium activities, please add only the open flame premium.