The Guildhouse Fellowship is valued at over $50,000 and awarded annually to one South Australian mid-career visual artist, craftsperson or designer.
Applications close Tuesday 19 April, 9:00am ACST.
Please ensure you read the information below thoroughly before commencing your application.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
What is included
- A $35,000 artist fee to support research and development, materials, etc.
- Professional interpretative documentation, practice and material specific, developed with the artist.
- A presentation outcome with AGSA following the Fellowship.
- Presentation outcomes may include but are not limited to an event, performance, exhibition, incursion etc.
- The presentation outcomes will be planned in conjunction with the artist, AGSA and Guildhouse to extend and respond to your practice.
- Applications open Tuesday 1 March
- Applications close Tuesday 19 April 9am
- The selected recipient will undertake the Fellowship over a 12-month period. The beginning date of the Fellowship is likely to be July 2022 and this will be confirmed as we continue to respond to the pandemic. The presentation outcome at AGSA will take place in the subsequent 12-month period.
- Mid-career visual artist, craftsperson or designer.
- Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia, born or living in South Australia.
- Guildhouse financial member.
- Potential impact of the Fellowship on your practice.
- Viability of your proposal including relevance to your practice and timeline.
- The strength of your artistic career.
- Quality and/or diversity of your previous work.
Shortlisted applicants may be approached for interview as part of the selection process.
The selection panel will be comprised of representatives from:
- Guildhouse, and
- an established artist
Address the following questions via text OR video:
- Proposal summary (150 words)
- Biography (max 1 page)
- Artist statement including (250 words)
- The key ideas and goals that drive you to create
- How you define your artistic practice as mid-career
- Proposed activity – what will you do during the Fellowship period, and how will it lead to the development of new work? (1 page)
- What impact do you believe the Fellowship will have on your practice? (250 words)
- Support material (two references, up to 10 high quality images/video links (max 10 mins), and CV)
Please respond to the criteria either via VIDEO or WRITTEN TEXT, applications not responding to the criteria will not be considered eligible.
Please be in contact if you have any queries about this.
Applicants are strongly advised to book an appointment with Guildhouse Artistic Programs Manager Debbie Pryor to discuss their applications before submission.
Before your meeting
Ahead of your meeting with Debbie, please make sure that you have:
- Read the application guidelines
- Read the FAQ’s
- Developed ideas for research or development for your Fellowship project to discuss during the meeting.
Meetings are available via zoom or over the phone.
For more information please read the FAQ sheet below.
Due to COVID our In Conversation between Rebecca Evans and 2021 Fellow Liam Fleming will be recorded and made available online as soon as possible.