The Guildhouse Fellowship: 2019 Call Out
Kerry de Lorme, Rhana Devenport, Emma Fey, Vestibule, Art Gallery of South Australia, 2019. Photograph Saul Steed.
The Guildhouse Fellowship, valued at over $50,000, will be awarded annually to one South Australian mid-career visual artist, craftsperson or designer.
The Fellowship is generously supported by the James & Diana Ramsay Foundation and is presented in partnership with the Art Gallery of South Australia (AGSA). The Fellowship is intended for artists who have moved beyond the early years of their practice; they have a distinct artistic expression, and seek an expansive opportunity to explore, research and create.
The Fellowship will be awarded to an artist who can demonstrate its instrumentality to their arts practice – and thus – their contribution to the ambition and artistic excellence of the visual arts sector in South Australia.
Applications close Tuesday 30, April, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
What is included
- A $35,000 artist fee to support travel expenses, research and development, materials, etc.
- Professional interpretative documentation, practice and material specific, developed with the artist.
- A presentation outcome with AGSA following the Fellowship
- Presentation outcomes may include but are not limited to an event, performance, exhibition, incursion etc
- The presentation outcomes will be planned in conjunction with the artist, AGSA and Guildhouse to extend and respond to your practice
- Applications open 11 February 2019
- Applications close 30 April 2019
- Announcement of recipient early June 2019
The selected recipient will undertake the Fellowship over a 12-month period beginning July 2019. The presentation outcome at AGSA will take place in the subsequent 12-month period.
- Mid-career visual artist, craftsperson or designer
- Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia, born or living in South Australia.
- Guildhouse member
- Potential impact of the Fellowship on your practice
- Viability of your proposal including relevance to your practice and timeline
- The strength of your artistic career
- Quality and/or diversity of your previous work
Shortlisted applicants may be approached for interview as part of the selection process.
The selection panel will be comprised of representatives from:
- Guildhouse, and
- an established artist
Application Questions to include
- Proposal summary (150 words)
- Biography (max 1 page)
- Artist statement including (250 words)
- the key ideas and goals that drive you to create and
- how you define your artistic practice as mid-career
- Proposed activity – what will you do during the Fellowship period, and how will it lead to the development of new work? (1 page)
- What impact do you believe the Fellowship will have on your practice? (250 words)
- Support material (max two references, up to 10 high quality images/video links (up to max 10mins), CV)
Tuesday 2 November 2021, 10am – 12pm Pricing: Free for Guildhouse financial members Location: Phone or video conference Presenter: Guildhouse Artistic Programs Manager Debbie Pryor and Guildhouse Operations Manager Emma Bedford Monthly Advice Bank sessions for members...
Tuesday 14 September 11am, 1pm, and 3pm Location: City of Adelaide ArtPOD, 25 Pirie St, Adelaide Pricing: Free, bookings essential (places are limited) Featuring: ART WORKS Artist in Residence Ruby ChewJoin us for an informal collage workshop with ART WORKS Artist in...
Announcing the 2021 Guildhouse Fellow: Liam Fleming Guildhouse, the Art Gallery of South Australia and the James & Diana Ramsay Foundation are delighted to announce South Australian glassblower, artist and designer Liam Fleming as the 2021 Guildhouse Fellow. The...