Image: 2022 Catapult mentee Oakey (right) with mentor Catherine Truman. Photograph Lana Adams.
We are thrilled to continue to offer the Catapult mentorship program, with multiple mentorships available at $5,000 for South Australian artists, craftspeople and designers. Thanks to our partnership with Country Arts SA, two of these mentorships have been earmarked to support regional artists.
Building on from many years of successful mentorship programs, this current round of Catapult continues a focus on applications that will provide a long lasting impact on the career of the recipient. Our mentorships have supported a diverse mix of artists and learning outcomes, each with an ambitious drive to build on existing skills and extend the development and professionalism of practice. Robust connections between the mentee and mentor and thorough, achievable action plans have proven to be the successful recipe for meaningful mentorships, and we look forward to facilitating more transformational experiences in 2023.
We strongly encourage regional artists to apply.
To have an opportunity like this, and the support, funding and exports urge that it entails, has completely revitalised what I feel is possible for my practice… I am far more ambitious now when I think about the next 5 years of my career and what I hope to achieve, exploring international opportunities, funding and a further mentorship. And the seed of all of this growth was Catapult.
Overall, the Catapult mentorship has been instrumental in helping me to strengthen my career goals in the creative sector. I am grateful for the guidance and support that Mark and Guildhouse have provided and feel more confident in my artistic path as a result.
2023 Catapult applications open Tuesday 25 July 2023 5pm, closing Monday 11 September 9am ACST.
Please ensure you read the information below thoroughly before commencing your application.
Application Criteria and Eligibility
- A confirmed national or international mentor
- Single page Project Proposal, outlining what you stand to gain and the key goals of the mentorship
- Project Timeline
- 200 word biography each, for mentor and mentee
- Contact details for the mentor – phone and email
- Single page CV, for the mentee
- One referee
- Applicants must be financial Guildhouse members, residing in South Australia.
- This opportunity is not available to undergraduate students, studying at the time of application or during the project.
Online Application and Notification
- Please complete the online application form above. The form includes tips and explanations for each field, please hover your mouse over a field for more information. Should you have further questions please visit the FAQs
- Once you have submitted the form changes cannot be made to an application.
- Please note: Applicants will receive an email confirming the submission of their application – if this notification is not received the application has not been submitted correctly.
- The panel will include Samantha Faehrmann (Guildhouse, Artistic Program Manager), Lauren Mustillo (Country Arts SA, Visual Arts Manager) and two esteemed members of the South Australian arts industry.
- Applicants will be notified mid October 2023 as to the success of an application.
- Mentorships must be completed by 1 June 2024.
Project Reporting and Documentation
The mentor and the mentee will provide Guildhouse with a progress report half way through the project, and again at the end of the project with a final report. Reporting documents will include an overview of activities, key goal indicators achieved, documentation of the project and receipts/invoices.
We may engage a photographer or filmmaker to document the project outcomes, and your participation in this process is a condition in undertaking this opportunity. You are also required to submit visual documentation you undertake yourselves to record your mentorship experience. We collect information from the program to attract potential project partners for reporting requirements and for use on social media.
It is acknowledged that the aims and outcomes of a mentorship differ from a grant application and it is therefore advised that applicants familiarise themselves with the breadth of previous recipients and join a conversation with Program Producer Nicola Sutcliffe before forming their application. These sessions are free.
For more information please read the FAQ sheet here.
For further information, please contact Nicola Sutcliffe, Program Producer at email@example.com or on (08) 8410 1822.