Flinders University Art Museum collection viewing. Photograph Guildhouse.
Applications Closed: 23 September, 2019.
The Guildhouse Collections Project 2020 with Flinders University Art Museum (FUAM) is a collaborative project between Guildhouse and the Flinders University Art Museum that provides artists with the opportunity to respond to Flinders University’s extensive collection of art and develop new work for exhibition at its Bedford Park campus.
FUAM’s collection encompasses more than 8000 works, making it one of the largest University art collections in Australia. It has four major collection areas including: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander art; European prints from the Renaissance through to Modernism; Conceptual art from the 1970s; and Australian political posters.
One of Guildhouse’s key objectives is to promote contemporary visual art, craft and design. The Collections Project provides a unique opportunity for Guildhouse to promote our members to broad, new and diverse audiences.
The core aims of the project are to:
- promote public understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of visual art, craft and design
- to activate FUAM collections in new ways
- provide economic and artistic opportunities for creative professionals
- offer professional development opportunities for visual art, craft and design practitioners
- develop new and diverse audiences for participants
- demonstrating value and respect for the collection
Monday 8 August: Applications open
Tuesday 13 August: Call out information session
Monday 23 September: Applications close
Thursday 26 September: Selection Panel
Monday 14 October: Recipient Announced
late January: Successful recipient begins research
August: Presentation of outcome as part of SALA 2020
Call Out Information Session
Tuesday 13 August, 2019
FUAM Collections Curator Nic Brown and Guildhouse Artistic Programs Manager discuss the process of the The Collections Project 2020 application round, and a guided tour through the collection.
This session is preceded by a Curator Talk and Artist Performance from 12-1 pm:
FUAM Collections Curator Nic Brown will discuss Cynthia Schwertsik’s exhibition UTE-ilitarian. The event will include a performance by the artist.
Artist Talk location:
For University access and parking details see https://www.flinders.edu.au/campus/bedford-park/parking. (Scroll down to the visitor section for details).
You can also access the campus map here https://www.flinders.edu.au/content/dam/documents/campus/maps/campus-map.pdf and the Art Museum is located at G8.
1. Download The Collections Project Guidelines for full information before starting your application.
2. Contact Guildhouse to discuss your application, speak with Artistic Program Manager Debbie Pryor on 8410 1822 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Collections Project 2020 is open to artists/artist teams who are Guildhouse Accredited, Allied or Associate Members. For more information on becoming a Guildhouse Accredited or Associate member go to: https://guildhouse.org.au/membership/.
- Artistic Merit;
- Strength of research and project proposal, including your interest in working with FUAM;
- Potential for engaging FUAM students and visitors through visual art, craft and/or design
- Capacity to deliver the project proposal outcomes to a high standard of craftsmanship and in a professional manner.
Short Listing & Final Selection
- Proposals that best meet the selection criteria will be shortlisted by Guildhouse.
- Final selection will be made by a selection committee comprised of representatives of the Flinders University Art Museum and Guildhouse.
- Short listed applicants may also be required to attend a short interview with the selection committee. Times and dates to be advised.
- Successful artists will be notified by mid October 2020
- Selected individual artists or artist teams will be paid a total fee of $4000 (ex. GST).
- $2000 will be paid initially upon signing of contracts.
- A final payment of $2000 will be issued on acceptable completion of the project and submission of an artistic report.
The Collections Project is administered by Guildhouse, full information can be found at www.guildhouse.org.au or contact us on 8410 01822
Tuesday 7 July, 10 am – 2 pm Pricing: Free for Guildhouse financial members Location: Phone or video conference Presenter: Guildhouse Executive Officer Victoria Bowes and Artistic Programs Manager Debbie Pryor COVID-19 Update To ensure the safety of our staff and our...
Image: INFORM: Brave New World, 2019. Photograph: Rosina Possingham.Thursday 4 June, 1.30 pm Pricing: Free Location: Online via webinar Presenter: Kyla Pizzino, Statewide Super Relationship Manager Finding it hard to wrap your head around Superannuation as a sole...
Image: Lauren Thiel. Photograph: Katherine Schultz Photography.Wednesday 24 June, 2 pm Pricing: Free Location: Online via webinar Presenter: Chartered Accountant Lauren Thiel Preparing your tax can be difficult to wrap your head around if you are a sole trader,...